Annual Hitachi Electron Microscopy Scholarship
The Kuiper Materials Imaging and Characterization Facility is pleased to announce the annual Hitachi Scholarship in Electron Microscopy. This scholarship is established by Hitachi High-Technologies as part of their partnership with University of Arizona. Funds in the amount of $5,000 per year have been provided and will be awarded equally to two graduate students generating cutting-edge research and publications in the area of electron microscopy. The award is not restricted to students in a particular department, but the research is expected to be conducted in materials science broadly defined.
- Student must have completed their second year of graduate studies.
- Student must be in good standing in their program in order to be considered.
- The research area of the recipient must include analytical electron microscopy.
- The laboratory work must include the use of at least one of the Hitachi microscopes available in the KMICF.
Applicants must submit an application that includes:
- A C.V.
- A written statement from the student, maximum of two pages, that describes their research and addresses salient points of what they are doing, why, its importance to the field, and the critical role of electron microscopy in their research
- A brief statement of support from the faculty advisor
- Applicants are encouraged to send any preprints or reprints of their work that highlights the use of electron microscopy
The review committee will judge each application based on its merit in using analytical electron microscopy to solve a clearly defined scientific problem. The recipients will be announced in the Spring 2022 semester.
Please send any question about the scholarship or the application process to KMICF@lpl.arizona.edu.
To be considered for this award, please email your application in PDF form to KMICF@lpl.arizona.edu by 5pm local time on Friday, February 15, 2022